Churches & Podcasts. We Do It!
Every week pastors around the world are praying, studying God’s Word, and waiting upon the Lord for a valuable message that they can deliver to God’s people. In many churches, the pastor’s message lived for that Sunday and was archived away perhaps never to be shared again.
Some churches have realized the value of recording their pastor’s messages on tapes or CDs. This is a wonderful resource for people who were unable to attend services, but there is still a limitation on the sphere of people that can be reached. Purchasing multi-CD duplicators and buying large quantities of CDs can dip deeply into a church’s budget.
However, in recent years of technological advancements, the ability to publish quality messages online has become a wonderful tool for multiplying the effectiveness and outreach of a sermon for which the pastor has taken so much time, prayer and study to develop. Messages can be now be listened to by using any device that can connect to the internet, including cell phones. Now these messages can keep on living!
Here is a Scripture we really love here at DM WebCreation. It colorfully paints the picture of what publishing sermons online can accomplish:
“The Lord gave the Word:
Great was the company of those that published it.”
Consider some of the benefits of publishing your sermons online:
- For Those Who Missed the Service. Those unable to attend the service can easily listen online. They do not have to wait for someone to send them a copy of the recorded message. This is especially important when the pastor is teaching a series.
- Spreading the Word. Posting sermons online allows people to easily share sermons with friends through email, Facebook or Twitter, or even by texting!
- Easy Distribution. Once all the pieces are put in place, people can subscribe to your sermons. Each time a new message goes online, they can be notified and in some cases the sermons will automatically be loaded onto their portable players or phones.
- Listen Once Again. A true disciple of the Word always wants to hear a message at least twice! (cf. John 9:37; John 8:31-32; Acts 17:11; 2 Tim 2:7,15) There are some sermons that are just so rich and deep that it’s hard to take it all in on Sunday morning. Being able to listen to the sermon again at home, at work, or in the car can be invaluable.
- Promotional Purposes. More and more people are searching online to find new churches. Making it easy for people to listen to sermons right from your website gives them a taste of the church culture, teaching style and the personality of the pastor.
- Historical Archiving. Remember that sermon from last year’s Christmas Eve service? Or how about that teaching series that changed your life style? Wouldn't you like to listen to it once again or share it with a friend? When posted online, all past sermons and Bible teachings are accessible and searchable by date, topic, Scripture, or speaker. Finding them is only few clicks away.
Of course, this isn’t a definitive list, and the actual benefits to your congregation will come in varying degrees. DM WebCreation has a deep passion to see churches publish the Word. Get in touch with us today and you will see how easy it is to make this happen. Your church – "a city set upon a hill which cannot be hid" – can be a wonderful part of the "company" of those that multiply the publishing of God's Word in a day and hour when it is needed more than ever!DM WebCreation's Blog on Churches and Podcasts